Why Choose Tom Johnson Camping Center
One of the things that sets us apart from ordinary RV dealerships is the way we treat our customers. Our 300+ member team is passionate about customer care and satisfaction, because at Tom Johnson Camping Center - you're family!
With two convenient locations and a combined 200 acres of showrooms, service facilities and amenities - and more than 44 acres of new and pre-owned inventory - we provide customers with the superior service, reliability and quality that are synonymous with our company name.
Here are some more reasons to visit Tom Johnson Camping Center - "Experience the difference!"
- We are an award winning dealership including being voted #1 RV Dealer in the Nation.
- Tom Johnson Camping Center is the #1 RV dealer in the Carolinas, selling thousands of units and servicing more than 8,000 units per year.
- With the spacious Rally Park and Pavilion, luxurious campground and Customer Service Lodge chock-full of amenities, we are also one of the country's most popular RV destinations.
- We have nearly 40 knowledgeable, professionally and factory-trained sales consultants who serve customers throughout North America, South America, Europe and New Zealand.
- Our customer service and sales staff undergo extensive training, including factory programs, at least three times each year to ensure they are up-to-date on the latest product and service information.
- Our inventory and selection is unmatched in the Southeast - we carry the top RV manufactures and the hottest brands in the industry - and this enormous stock and variety means bigger discounts for our customers.
- We sell and order in large volumes to provide a large selection matched with aggressive prices.
- On average, we carry more than 700 RVs in inventory and more than 10,000 parts and accessories in-stock.
- We have full service tag and title offices at both our Marion, NC and Concord, NC locations, offering complimentary tag and title document preparation for your RV purchase (customer is responsible for some fees and taxes).
- At Tom Johnson Camping Center, we treat you like family. We will never charge you costs that some other dealers make standard practice - like documentation fees and RV preparatory fees.
- Prior to delivery, all units at Tom Johnson Camping Center receive an extensive Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). (PDI does not apply to as-is purchases).
- One of our government-certified technicians takes each customer on an informative walk-through of their vehicle to ensure they feel secure and comfortable, and to guarantee they understand how their new RV works
- We service more than 8,000 vehicles annually.
- We have 69 service bays and 79 factory / manufacturer trained and certified service technicians.
- Tom Johnson Camping Center has more than 10,000 of the most popular parts and accessories in-stock, and we offer a special order service for hard-to-find parts, with a quick turn-around time on delivery. We even offer online parts ordering with delivery to your door.
- The new service facility nestled in the mountains in Marion, NC, minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, also offers many amenities for your enjoyment while your RV is being serviced, including:
- A complimentary shuttle from the service area to the nearby Rally Park
- Beautiful nature trails, fishing, horseshoes, volleyball and basketball courts, a softball field and a children's playground, all situated in lush acreage on the peaceful Catawba River
- Stunning mountain views
- A comfortable lounge setting, with a massive fireplace and large-screen TV
- Café serving delicious breakfasts and lunches
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Seventy spacious campsites with paved streets, concrete pads, patio decks and 50 amp electrical service
- Camping discounts given to customers who schedule service appointments
- Proximity to area attractions, including the Biltmore Estate, Chimney Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Lake James, Linville Caverns and Falls, Museum of North Carolina Minerals, restaurants, specialty shops and more.
- We are a convenient, one-stop RV destination with sales, service and showrooms in addition to a spacious Rally Park, luxury campground and new Customer Service Lodge.
- Annual BBQ
To share our appreciation for your business, customers are invited to the annual BBQ in Marion, NC. Since our first BBQ nearly 26 years ago, Tom Johnson has hosted thousands of loyal customers with its weekend-long celebrations, music, food and family fun.
- The Rally Park
We offer a 300-site Rally Park, fully equipped with everything a modern camper needs: full-service, handicapped-accessible bathhouses, full hook-up sites with power and water, pavilion seating for up to 2,000 people and an outdoor amphitheater, perfect for smaller gatherings and special presentations.
Whether it's a quiet stroll by the river or a rousing game of volleyball, it's easy to find an activity for all ages at the Rally Park, with a children's playground, basketball and volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, softball field, nature trails and much more - all nestled in lush acreage on the Catawba River.
Spacious Campsites and State-of-the-Art Service Facilities
Located next to our Rally Park, the new camping and service facility in Marion, NC features beautiful mountain views, 33 extra-large service bays, as well as an additional 70 spacious campsites with paved streets, washer / dryer facility, concrete pads, patio decks and 50-amp electrical service.
When your RV needs service, customization or repair, experience the Tom Johnson Camping Center difference: relax in front of the fireplace, explore the Internet with our complimentary high-speed connectivity and enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch in our new Customer Service Lodge.
Our Marion, NC location is just minutes away from a variety of popular and scenic tourism destinations. Located near the picturesque Blue Ridge Parkway, and close to many western North Carolina attractions, including the Biltmore Estate, Chimney Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Lake James, Linville Caverns and Falls, Museum of North Carolina Minerals, restaurants, specialty shops and more.
Conveniently situated off bustling Bruton Smith Boulevard, our Concord, NC location is adjacent to Charlotte Motor Speedway where you will also find the Tom Johnon Camping Center Racing Resort for camping convenience. Only minutes away from variety of popular attractions, including: Concord Mills Mall, the #1 shopping entertainment destination of the Carolinas, and North Carolina's #1 visitor attraction featuring more than 200 outlet and unique specialty stores, Jeff Gordon's Racing School, the Richard Petty Driving Experience, Hendrick Motorsports, Chip Ganassi Racing, Roush Racing and Hass Motorsports.
There are also a wide variety of restaurants, cocktail lounges and specialty shops located in the surrounding area - several within walking distance!
Both locations are pet and child-friendly RV destinations.